Monday, March 16, 2009

America’s next top melee




Arrests After Melee at TV Casting Call

"It was America’s next top melee.
An open casting call for the reality television program '
America’s Next Top Model' turned into mayhem on Saturday afternoon in Midtown Manhattan. Fights broke out, three people were arrested and at least six others suffered minor injuries after they were pushed down in a crush of thousands of aspiring models waiting in line to be discovered...

Contestant hopefuls said the lines were poorly coordinated, and no one knew what to do or when they would be seen. With little to eat and no way to use the bathroom without losing a spot in line, tempers flared...

By 6 p.m. Saturday, West 55th Street was littered with the wreckage of the day: torn sleeping bags where aspiring contestants had spent the night, police barricades, shoes and clothes in the gutter. More than a hundred women still waited on the sidewalk, hoping to get into the Park Central.

'This was a huge dream of mine,' said Rebecca Albora, 21, of Saddle Brook, N.J. 'I lost my dream. I lost my chance.'"

Brutal

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Writer copped our word!!! Model Melee!!! Too funny I can just see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stop laughing every time I read this. I can just see the sequined tops and broken heels everywhere. Like Barbie's throw-a-ways.

    ReplyDelete